Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally Done!





So...Thanks to some great accountablilty partners (you know who you are!), I have FINALLY finished sorting all of my clothes. I went through my closet and eliminated 157 articles of clothing. And here's the proof. Last night, the missions team from Nicaragua got together for a potluck dinner at The Root Cellar. This is a great organization that serves the Portland area. You might remember me mentioning them in one of my earlier postings. They graciously gave us clothes to give to the boys and girls during camp. So, I donated 7 bags of my clothing to The Root Cellar. The rest of the clothes will be dropped off at a local consignment shop this week and any money I receive will be going to our church's upcoming move.

We're going to divert from the book a little today. Posting this update is important, for accountabilities sake. Also, I want to share with you what is going on in my life...which is appropriate given the topic of worry and stress.

Some of you know that my husband's job is coming to an end in one week. He was hired under a two-year contract. Now, as the two years come to an end, we are left wondering, "What's next?" For us, the answer is obvious; however, many think that our decision is crazy. You see, my husband and I are going to switch roles for a few weeks...maybe longer. He's going to stay at home with the kids (and tackle homeschooling!), while I go to work. Now, this might not seem like such an insane proposition, until I tell you that I'm NOT getting paid for the work I'll be doing. You see, I'm spending the next three weeks working full-time on Youth Mission Challenge...getting it ready for it's unofficial launch in June.


We have absolutely no idea what will happen after those three weeks. As of right now, my husband has no official leads. We have no idea what's in store for us. Many look at our situation and openly question, not only our sanity, but their ability to handle such "uncertain" circumstances, if our roles were reversed. What's so ironic, however, is that I have such complete peace about the situation. Something, I never would have thought possible a few years ago. There is an UNDENIABLE peace that comes when we trust God's will. Worry and stress can bear no stronghold on our minds, when we completely trust Him. I wish I could impart to you the profound peace that I feel. I wish I had trusted Him sooner...on other aspects of my life.


THE PUSH


Think about those areas of your life where stress and worry have weasled their way in. See them for what they are: unbelief that God is in control. In your quiet time the next couple of days, give them over to God. I promise that He doesn't want you carrying that burden. It's yours to give...so give it to Him.













No comments:

Post a Comment